Monday, May 28, 2012

Interview with young designer Andrea Quintero


Model: Francesca Pintucchi
Photography: Andrea Quintero
Accesories: Andrea Quintero


I want to introduce Andrea Quintero, owner and creator of AQModa, a young designer with an eye for style and a pure heart. She recently graduated from the Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale and was named for best accessories for fall portfolio. I had the chance to talk to her and this is what she had to say!

Model: Lucia Craciun
Photography: Andrea Quintero
Accesories: Andrea Quintero
Tells us a little about yourself.
I’m a 24 year old girl who is very creative, analytic, and inspirational. For me everything has art in it. I am also very expressive. I express myself in every way. I am very generous. I like to help people. I try to show peace and love in everything that surrounds me. I like friends. I am also a very classic and elegant individual.

Since when did you know fashion was your first love?
Since I was five. Since I was born my mom had a boutique of clothing. Our neighbor boutiques were seamstresses and I used to go sometimes when my mom gave me dresses that needed to be fixed. They had millions of fabrics and they always gave me some so I could make dresses for my barbies. My family has an artistic background. My grandma and grandpa paint and my mom had the boutique. Mixing art and fashion all the time I noticed that fashion was my first love and fashion design my career. I used to paint also.

Model: Dija Phaire
Photography: Andrea Quintero
Accesories: Andrea Quintero
What are the new plans now that you have your certified degree of fashion design?
My goal is to open my own boutique and sell my own accessories and clothes.

What is your specialization?
I am more focused on cocktail and party dresses and I am also designing accessories. My accessories are made of crochet and embellishments (buttons, stones, and others). Trying to make women look elegant and making it possible by completing an outfit with an accessory is my goal. I want the accessory to be the final touch.

Model: Lucia Craciun
Photography: Andrea Quintero
Accesories: Andrea Quintero
What are you working on right now?
I’m working on my accessories. I’m also working on personal project of a fashion event with a friend.

 Where do you see yourself in the future?
I see myself designing my own line.

What do you like to do in your free time?
I like to draw. I love having coffee with my friends. I like photography also. I also love being a stylist. I recently did an engagement photo shoot and I loved it. I also did the wardrobe for the cover of the cd of a band.

Andrea Quintero
Owner & Creator of AQModa
What advice can you give to people who want to go into the designing world?
Do what you want to do and work it to make it happen and it is going to happen. You have to have faith and be positive. It is hard. Nothing is perfect, but you’ll get there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!

Welcome

Hi! Welcome to The World.Wide.Blog of Fashion. Find everything you need to be a fashionable and stylish woman. I encourage you to send me an email if there is any topic in particular you would like me to write about. Thanks for the support and readership! Have a wonderful day!
xoxo,
Sandra